Wesley Woods Camp and Retreat Center is a summer camp located just south of Des Moines in Indianola. Every summer we serve around 1000 campers, both youth and adults with special needs, and guests.
The ideal Wesley Woods Camp Counselor will desire to work in a community setting - modeling, sharing and coaching children while assisting in daily recreational activities and program areas at camp.
Cabin counselors are full time mentors and will spend much of their day teaching and assisting in activities for and with their campers. They will live with campers in a cabin, lodge, or rustic quarters. Some of these may be in very rustic settings, possibly cooking 2 meals each day over a campfire. Staff may work and be cross trained to serve in multiple program areas for part of everyday (crafts, low or high ropes, climbing wall, archery, lifeguard, sports and games, horseback riding, etc…) depending on interests.
- Provides experiences of growth and development at Wesley Woods Camp and Retreat Center.
- Follows all camp rules and regulations.
- Supervises campers at all times, ensuring their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
- Acts as a positive role model to campers, leading by example.
- Maintains camp schedule ensuring punctuality.
- Organizes and leads program activities. Encourages camper participation.
- Utilizes appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Facilitates activities for campers and retreat guests as needed.
- Interacts with parents and guests in a professional and polite manner.
- Monitors campers to ensure compliance with rules and to prevent accidents.
- Cleans and maintains proper use of facilities and equipment.
- Reports and records accidents and incidents.
The ideal Wesley Woods Camp Counselor has the following:
Teamwork - Ability to work energetically within a team environment having extensive collaborative involvement with other staff and supervisors.
Role Model/Leadership - Ability to set a positive example for campers including cleanliness, punctuality, and sportsmanship. Enthusiastic and patient. Ability to motivate campers.
Problem Solving - Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively. Ability to be flexible and think quickly when alternative solutions are required.
Leadership through modeling spiritual growth - Regular engagement in the means of grace and Christian discipleship.
Apply on our website:
Scroll down to where it says "Apply Today"
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.